Healthcare Jobs Blog for therapists; career & trends in rehabilitation therapy
Author Therapy Career Blogger | 02.05.2013
The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) was busy in the later part of 2012 streamlining its application process for both Board and Specialty Certification Areas. Now therapists can look forward to a peer-reviewed portfolio process for certification that takes out any guess work, and better prepares them to submit an application by the June and December deadlines in 2013. Getting certified is voluntary, not mandatory, yet plenty of occupational therapists feel the press to do so, in order to receive the recognition they deserve from peers and healthcare employers.
Travel therapy jobs are a great way for OTs to flex their mental muscles, not only by working on the cutting edge of their professions, but by using the knowledge they’ve obtained from Board and Specialty areas of certification. Be sure to peruse the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) site to learn more about the online certification examination handbook and frequently asked questions of those preparing to master these areas:
- Mental Health
- Physical Rehabilitation
Specialty Certifications for OTs and OTAs
- Driving and Community Mobility
- Environmental Modification
- Feeding, Eating, and Swallowing
- Low Vision
- School Systems
Travel Force Has Competitive OT Jobs in These Exciting U.S. States
The Occupational therapist salary is driven by experience, credentials and the right resume—a trifecta that works in your favor once you align talents with an experienced healthcare staffing agency. Occupational therapists may be eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus and make as much as $90K annually. OTs and their assistants in COTA jobs are also earning handsome salaries, augmented by a full benefits package and free place to live, available to all full-time travel therapists. When you call 1-800-617-0608 or apply online, a consultant will be happy to confirm current and high paying occupational therapy jobs nationwide.
Included with the OT jobs information is a state board link that will help you better prepare. Therapists will want to make sure they have obtained licensure in the state where they wish to work.
- California occupational therapy jobs (Cal Board) are recession proof because of the high population of retirees who seek OT services.
- Maryland occupational therapy jobs (Maryland Board) let you enjoy the metro D.C. area on your days off!
- Georgia occupational therapy jobs (Georgia Board) enable the travel therapist to enjoy a low cost of living while reaping the benefits of a higher-than-average salary.
- North Carolina occupational therapy jobs (NC Board) are a perfect blend of urban and rugged southern charm.
- Texas occupational therapy jobs (Texas Board) are close to cities on the map for music, culture and art!
- Washington occupational therapy jobs (Washington Board) help patients in the Pacific Northwest live life to the fullest!
- Florida occupational therapy jobs (Florida Board) are an invitation to be warm in the winter, and a beach bum in the summer!
Go Where Continuing Education Can Easily Find You
Allied health professionals don’t have to work hard to ensure their continuing education; some healthcare employers place such a high premium on this, they offer unlimited, and free CEUs for their occupational therapy team members. It’s almost like the education comes to you, rather than the other way around. OTs can earn credits in the comfort of their homes, via their laptops. Learn more about CEUs and other benefits by visiting Travel Force’s career resources page and liking us on Facebook—where we advertise to the minute occupational therapy job openings!
Footnote: Occupational therapists looking for recent salary information, may visit the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics online.
- February 5, 2013
- Allied Healthcare, Career Tips, certifications, Education, Healthcare Industry Trends, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy, Ongoing Education, Therapist Jobs, Therapist Jobs Postings, Top Rehab Careers, Top Therapy Blogs, Travel Therapist, Traveling Therapist
- 0 comments
- Comments RSS